Gymnasium / Walking Track
Our Gymnasium consists of 2 High School length Basketball/Volleyball courts and is equipped with two wireless digital scoreboards. The Gymnasium also has a partition which can be lowered to divide the 2 courts. A Collegiate length court is also available and those interested in renting the Gym can contact Brian Garnant at 309.444.8600.
For a list of scheduled events in the gymnasium for the current month, please click here.
Gymnasium Options Include:
Gymnasium Code of Conduct
In order to provide a safe and enjoyable environment, the following code of conduct has been established for the gym.
- No criminally, disorderly, or indecent conduct.
- All children under eight years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- No endangering the safety of self or others.
- No profane, abusive, or loud language.
- No wearing of inappropriate clothing (shirts and shoes required).
- ONLY volleyball, basketball, and pickleball are allowed in gym.
- Footballs, baseballs, softballs, soccer balls and lacrosse are prohibited.
- No skating, skateboarding, or rollerblading.
- No littering or throwing objects.
- Use of alcohol, tobacco, or any tobacco products is prohibited.
- Only water is allowed in the gym. No sports drinks, etc.
- No admittance after Five Points is closed.
- All federal, state, and local laws enforced.
- City curfew is enforced.
- Sexual harassment of any form is prohibited.
- No spikes or cleats allowed in Five Points.
- During programming activities, gym attendants will make the final call.
- Absolutely no fighting (verbally or physically).
- No hanging on the basketball rims.
- No black soled shoes on the gym floor.
- No chewing gum allowed ANYWHERE in the gym area.
VIOLATION OF THESE GYMNASIUM CONDUCT RULES MAY RESULT IN TERMINATION OF DAILY USE AND/OR MEMBERSHIP SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION.
The Walking Track at Five Points Washington
Walking is great exercise and it’s easy on your joints. Stay active on our walking track which is available to all members and guests located indoors on the second floor, above our gymnasium. To walk/jog a mile on the track, you will have to complete twelve full laps. Keep in mind, we rotate the walking/jogging directions daily. You can find the directions posted on the track.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Joggers use the outside lanes.
- Walkers use the inside lanes with no more than two walkers side by side.
- Stretching off to the sides of the track only.
- Due to safety reasons, no loitering allowed on the track.
- No stopping on the track to observe the lower level courts or to rest. If you need to rest, do so off to the side of the track.
- Clean and proper athletic shoes required.
- No food or drink on or near the track.
- Use caution when entering or exiting the track.
- You must be 12 years of age or older to use the track; however, 8-11 year old children are allowed on the track but ONLY when accompanied by a parent.
- No inline skates, skateboards, etc. allowed on the track.
- Strollers are allowed.
- No other activity allowed on track other than walking or jogging (i.e., no walking lunges, etc.).