Five Points Community Outreach
Five Points Washington cares about you and the communities we serve. Throughout the year, we have chosen to partner with local organizations to either donate needed items, volunteer time, and provide programs and services that enrich and benefit all ages. Check in with us to see a list of our ongoing initiatives that you can help join in our cause or catch a movie for free! Our staff wants you to join in our #FivePointsCares programs and projects!
For questions on any of our projects or programs, please contact Program Manager, Brad Weaver of Five Points at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 444-8222 Ext. 48.
Five Points Cares Community Outreach
AQUATIC VS FITNESS SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE- July 2020 Link to flyer
We are hosting a friendly school supply drive between our aquatic and fitness centers! We will be collecting school supplies for the Washington area elementary schools. If you are interested in donating, please bring any school supply item into the facility and place it in the aquatic or fitness bin by the main entrance. Donations will be collected for the month of July, then donated to the schools in August.
If you aren’t a member and bring in a school supply item, you can get your first month’s membership for 20 dollars on any one year contract!
KICKBALL FOR MS
Five Points will sponsor and have a kickball team to support Multiple Sclerosis!
Here are the details:
Walking for Monica’s Kickball Tournament. Saturday, July 25th at Oliver Thomas Park in Sunnyland
If you want more information on how to help, contact the multiple sclerosis foundation!
CENTRAL ILLINOIS INTERMEDIATE LIFE SKILLS PROGRAM
Five Points hosts the life skills program each month, so far the program has used the aquatics center and taken a body flow class. Our mission is to give each child the opportunity to further build and use everyday motor skills and for them to have fun!!
RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE
Each month on a designated Monday, Five Points Washington offers space for the American Red Cross to do their blood drive in our event center space.
METHODIST WELLMOBILE AT FIVE POINTS
The Wellmobile will be at Five Points every third Tuesday from 9:00-11:00 AM. This service is a consumer education program designed to promote healthier living in our community. It brings free or low-cost screenings throughout Central Illinois. Caring and trained staff members provide education on healthy living, early detection of disease, disease prevention and more. It is our hope that patients and physicians use our services to monitor the improvement of results during dietary, lifestyle or medication changes. Services include: Blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose, and spirometry (lung function) are also included with these screenings.
FAMILY SWIM SUNDAYS
Currently Suspended: On every Sunday from 2-6 pm, enjoy swimming in our
Aquatics Center for $3.00 for kids (3-12) and $5.00 for anyone 13 and up, kids under 3 are free!
Keep checking our page for more events to come!!
Five Points Cares Past Outreach
- The Personal Training department hosts numerous fundraising events. The latest: was a community workout event on Labor Day to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Valentine’s Day cards for a senior memory care facility
- DEAD LIFTING EVENT, Pull for Pancreatic Cancer
- 2020 Tri to support the Center for Aging
- Fitness Programming donations
- Our most recent was a check to My Sister’s House in Washington.
- WHIP fundraisers
- Eats and Drinks of the World that benefited the Red Cross Foundation
- DAX Tri to support the DAX Foundation
- Snack Pac food drives
- Good Neighbor day run sponsor
- Dance for a Cause for St. Jude
- Host for local life skills group
- The aquatic center hosts HISRA swimming
- Sponsor to local chamber events and annual trivia for a cause
- Five Points Summer Jam- 2 years in a row
- Free activities for seniors (Wii, cards, and senior movies)
- Red Cross blood drives
- Coats for Kids
- Annual Toy Drive
- Infant Drive to support The Dream Center
- Annual Charity Tri. In the past proceeds have gone to the Alzheimer’s Association and to the Council on Aging.