Reopening Guidelines – Summer 2020
Five Points – Reopening Guidelines
Five Points Washington reopened to members only as of Monday, June 1, 2020. On July 1, we revised our hours of operation to:
- Monday – Friday: 4:30 AM – 8 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: 7 AM – 5 PM
The following protocols are in place to protect the health and safety of our members and staff.
Five Points Washington Re-Opening Protocols — EFFECTIVE July 1, 2020
(updated 6/30/2020 @ 2:00 pm)
- All employees and members will have their temperature checked before being allowed into the facility. No one with a fever will be allowed to enter the building.
- The two doors to the right will be the entrance and the two doors to the left will be exit doors. The doors in the middle will remain locked.
- Employees will be required to wear a mask if they cannot keep social distancing guidelines in place.
- No guest passes will be sold, only members will have access to the facility.
- We will sanitize surfaces and equipment continually throughout the day.
- Six foot distancing will be maintained throughout the facility
- If a member has been notified by the Department of Health of exposure to COVID-19, we ask that you do not use the facility for 14 days.
- The sanitizer we use is Oxivir.
- If any member is not comfortable returning to the facility June 1 or after, please contact Rebecca Harms at firstname.lastname@example.org to keep your membership on freeze or respond to this email.
- Everyone is encouraged to come dressed to workout.
- Everyone is encouraged to come ready in their workout clothes. Locker rooms will be closed except for use of the bathrooms during Phase 3. Once we can move into Phase 4, locker rooms will be limited to 12 people aged 18+.
- The locker rooms will be open and showers available. We still ask that you come dressed to work out to minimize time spent in the locker rooms. We also ask if you are not using the aquatics center during the morning hours, that you would consider using the lockers near the group exercise rooms.
- No towel service will be available. Members are encouraged to bring their own towel.
- Members are encouraged to wash their hands before exiting the locker rooms.
- The gymnasium will be available for individual basketball play only. No game play will be permitted and social distancing must be observed.
- Only two pickleball courts will be available.
- The middle lane will not be available for use; all participants must observe the six foot social distancing rule.
- There will be no open swim. Only lap swimming will be offered with no more than two to a lane. Aquatics classes will be offered and limited in size in order to be able to observe social distancing.
- We will require members to sign up for classes that are limited in size to ensure their spots. Members should call the front desk at 444-8222 the day before a scheduled class. New classes may be offered to try and accommodate more members.
- No towel service will be available. Members are encouraged to bring their own towels.
- Members using the fitness floor and training rooms will have to observe social distancing at all times, including during workouts.
- All exercise machines will be placed so that social distancing will be observed.
- Members should wipe down machines and equipment BEFORE and AFTER working out.
- Oxivir wipes will be available so there is no sharing of pump bottles.
- Members should use hand sanitizer stations and/or wash their hands after exercising.
Group Exercise Classes:
- Only Studios 1 and 3 will be open for group exercise. Markers for social distancing will be placed on the floor; participants must use one of the marked spaces. Participation in group fitness classes will be limited to allow for social distancing. Class sign-ups may be required if maximum capacities are met.
- All equipment used must be sanitized before and after use.
- Studio 2 will be for RPM only and will be limited to 15 bikes to observe social distancing.
- Virtual classes will be available in Studio 3.
- All classes that do not require any equipment may be held in either banquet rooms or on the theater stage.
- Senior classes normally held in the senior room will be held in two banquet rooms to allow us to observe social distancing guidelines.
- Please look for a temporary group exercise schedule during this time.
- The Kids’ Clubhouse will be open. Children through age 6 will be in the Kid’s Clubhouse while children older than 6 will be in the senior room. Childcare workers will be wearing masks while taking care of your children.
- The senior room will be closed until further notice.